Monday, April 26, 2010

Free People Loving

This past weekend I went to Boston! It was so exciting, but knowing me...no weekend is complete without a few hours of shopping. I schlepped everyone into Free People at the Prudential Center so I could practice some serious retail therapy. As always I walked out of that store completely satisfied! I bought a really cute dress that caught my eye the moment walked into the store and I cannot wait for summer to whip it out.

(Note: Excuse the many pictures of my friends/family in the background! That's my closet wall peppered with fun times!)

Okay so starting with the colors: I think that I'm drawn to purple, orange, and pink. Literally ALL of my summer clothes have a hint of these colors...or turquoise! I love that the dress is a pretty simple cut, but the detail near the bust is accentuated with brass stud details and swirling embroidery...not to mention the adorable scalloped detail at the hemline (sorry I cut it off!!). Even though the print is subtle it still adds a huge amount of flavor to the pretty details of the dress.

There isn't much to say about the back. It is just as simple and sweet, but the crisscrossed back adds a little bit more fun detail to the dress. If you look closely you can see the detail on the hem.

--Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment