Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Look: Headbands!

Hey fashion lovers!

A few weeks ago, while getting ready to go out with my friend C, i'll admit: my outfit wasn't my best. It was a weekend, so I was in leggings and a tee, and before leaving, I decided to put on a bright blue bow headband. I turned to my friend C and said, "you see, you can always wear a headband, no matter how bad your outfit looks. Because if you draw enough attention to your face with a pretty headband, no one will look at your outfit!" So that is my fashion advice of today.

The big bow headbands were shown in Marc Jacobs' fall show this year, and have since sifted down to affordable fashion hot-spots. The blue bow headband mentioned above is from Urban Outfitters, but it looks much like the headband below, from the Marc Jacobs show. Always check the sale bins at Urban - almost without fail, they have headbands marked down for $5!



Another reason for the recent popularity of headbands is because of the hit CW tv show Gossip Girl! For Blair Waldorf, a main character on the show, the headband is her signature fashion piece. She wears all styles, from flashy and oversized, to neat and put-together.



Wear a headband to add a great accessory to any outfit. Try big, small, solid, and multicolor. Get a headband that matches your eye color, or a pretty earring you already own, to bring out other colors on your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment